Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tour of Olympic Gymnastics Champions

On September 27,  my mom and I went to the Tour of Olympic Gymnastics Champions at the Maverick Center in West Valley. I'm a HUGE gymnastics fan, so it was a real once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to see some of the gymnasts I've idolized for years.

Only 3 of the "Fab 5" gold medalists from London were there, but it was probably my 3 favorites (Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, and Jordyn Wieber), along with 4 of the 5 men from the 2012 Olympic team (John Orozco, Sam Mikulak, Jake Dalton, and -- my favorite -- Jonathan Horton). There were also appearances by Rebecca Bross, Chellsie Memmel, Alicia Sacramone, and Nastia Liukin, the all-around gold medalist from the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. They also had lots of dancers, acrobats, a few trampolinists, and rhythmic gymnasts, too. If only my all-time favorite gymnast, Shawn Johnson, had been there, it would have been 100% perfection. Although I guess I have to forgive her, since she retired a few months ago and is now being amazing with Derek Hough on the All Stars season of Dancing with the Stars :)

Overall, it was awesome! The tickets were expensive, but well worth it in my mind. I loved almost every minute of it (except for the lame skits and stuff like that they did to kill time for costume changes). It took me awhile to get around to editing my pictures, so that's why this post is so delayed, but here are some of my favorites:

Nastia Liukin on Beam

Jake Dalton on the makeshift pommel horse

This was one of my favorite parts. They are all so strong!

Jordyn Wieber

Amazing acrobatic dancers

Aly Raisman

John Orozco on Parallel Bars

Jonathan Horton. I love this guy!


Nastia was hanging upside down all over the place. She's very brave!

Jonathan Horton on rings. I was so excited he was right in front of us for this part!

Gabby Douglas on Beam
This part was really dark, so it was hard to get pictures, but I guess they're not too bad.


I LOVED this part with the olympic rings, too. Here are Aly, Gabby, Jordyn, Nastia & Alicia showing off their strength.



Wow. There are no other words.


What a great show! Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment