Sunday, July 8, 2012

Balloon Festival

I made a huge sacrifice and got up at 5:45am on the 4th of July to go to the balloon festival (those of you who know me well know just how much of a sacrifice it was-- I value my sleep more than almost anything else in this world!)

I've only been to the balloon festival once before (I think it was 2 years ago), but that day, it was too windy for the balloons to get off the ground. I decided I had to go at least once when they were able to fly, so I headed out the door at about 6:15, planning to make it in plenty of time to see the whole show staring at 6:30. However, I soon discovered that it was a hundred times more crowded than it was the last time I went, and I ended up parking several blocks away (I probably could have walked from home and gotten there faster), so I missed most of the balloons inflating. But I still got to see them take off, and I got some great pictures. Here are just a few (yes, this really is "a few" compared to how many I took!) of my favorites.

More pictures from the rest of my Independence Day celebrations will be coming soon!

 


 




 




 





 









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love the vibrant colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the 3rd from the top and 3rd from the bottom. They look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies! I think my favorite is the 3rd from the bottom, too, Nattalie. It was a neat perspective. Great minds think alike :)

    ReplyDelete